BACE meeting minutes • Sudo Room • 2 Apr 2014 FINAL

Present: Megan Stoddard, Nicole Wires, Ricardo Simon, Emily Wheeler

1. BACE bank accounts

During March, Emily investigated several possible financial institutions but found none that would work. Our SF Fire account is still open, but it needs to be closed this month. Rick, who is a member of the Coop Credit Union in Berkeley, will be able to set up a BACE account there in a week or two. Rick and Emily will put their names on the new account.

2. Tech team

Lisa Renery did not respond to Megan’s request for the notes from last fall’s meeting with Tom Brown about the BACE website. As a result, the topics of that meeting must be revisited and a new plan made. A better understanding of the needed changes is necessary to do outreach for a new tech lead. Rick and Nicole will meet immediately after the May meeting to review the demo site.

3. DIY festival postponed

Because we need to raise money at the DIY festival, it would be preferable to hold it on private property, not in a public park or street as previously planned. It was decided to postpone the festival until September

4. Language change

No one has commented on the proposal to change ‘board’ to ‘staff’ and ‘governance’ to ‘administration. These changes were adopted.

5. Blog and website

Nicole has been working on the BACE blog. She will update the bios and calendar and add posts to the blog. Emily will draft new content for the website in time for review at the May meeting.

6. Media inquiry

An editor with OZY.com is considering writing an article about BACE. Nicole will respond to his email.

7. Next meeting

The next meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, May 7th, at Noisebridge.

6:30 – 7:00 Pre-meeting orientation for those new to BACE

7:00 – 8:00 General meeting

8:00 – 8:30 Post-meeting “nuts and bolts” discussion

April 2014 Board Meeting

Post navigation