In 2019, we held our first membership survey, and Timebank volunteer Co-Directors responded swiftly to address key concerns mentioned by survey respondents. We learned that members joined the Timebank for ideological reasons of building community and an equitable economy but indicated that the Timebank has little relevance in their daily lives. Members cited lack of diversity of requests and offers, not knowing other members, and not knowing how to use the Timebank as barriers to using the Timebank. However, the majority of respondents said they would increase or maintain their frequency of use. Members asked for weekly digest of emails, a greater diversity of requests and offers, and more face-to-face events. Some expressed interest in leadership roles.
In the first six months of 2019, Co-Directors responded with
- Regular, monthly remote meetings
- More potlucks
- Skills building seminar
- Improved communication through Meetup.com
- More frequent website blogs
- How-to videos on using the Timebank
- Diversifying membership by outreach to Sonoma & Alameda Counties
- More events in Sonoma County
- Adding two people to the email support team
Our Co-Directors are exploring ways to bunch or deliver only relevant requests/offers. For more information, please direct questions to Monica at email@example.com.